If you or your guests would test positive for COVID-19 or have symptoms, you may adjust or cancel an event. In such a case, please refer to the resources below to handle the situation.
General Rules and Advice
- Regardless of the content or location of the experience, the host must make a decision to either cancel, hold, or postpone the event in compliance with the requests and rules of the national and local governments.
- The safety of yourself and your guests is important. Please prioritize health risk prevention when making a decision.
- There will be no penalty for a host to cancel an event even past the cancellation deadline.
The same cancellation policy will be applied for COVID-19-related cancellations. Please see here for more information.
If You Decide Not to Hold an Event
- If the host is having COVID-19 symptoms, the event has to be canceled.
- If the host decides that the event involves health risks based on the content of the experience, location, number of participants, etc., the host should cancel the event immediately and inform the guests of the decision.
- You can also reschedule the event instead of canceling it. For detailed instructions, please click here.
- Ensure to complete the cancellation process if you decide not to hold an event so that guests can receive the refund.
The following will be done automatically when you complete the cancellation:
- Booked guests will receive an automatic email notification, which explains the reason for the cancellation.
- The refund will be automatically issued to the booked guests.
- The guests' phone numbers become hidden from you, and your phone number becomes hidden from the guests.
If a Guest Requests to Cancel after the Cancellation Deadline
Normally, we charge a cancellation fee for cancellations past the cancellation deadline. However, if the reason for the cancellation is to "prevent the spread of the coronavirus", the guest will be refunded with the host's agreement.
If you agree to refund the money, there will be no sales from that particular guest. We understand that there may be a cost incurred in planning and preparing the event, so please make a reasonable decision.
Please contact Aini if you wish to refund the guest who canceled the booking past the cancellation deadline.
Please also refer to these updates and other information when considering canceling an event due to COVID-19.
- Latest COVID-19 Statistics in Tokyo: https://stopcovid19.metro.tokyo.lg.jp/.html
- Information on COVID-19 by the Ministry of Health, Labor, and Welfare: https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/seisakunitsuite/bunya/0000164708_00001.html
- Prime Minister's Official Website: https://www.kantei.go.jp/jp/headline/kansensho/coronavirus.html
- World Health Organization (English): https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019