Aini's event calendar is a great tool to grasp an overview of your events. With the calendar feature, you can:
- Add new events
- View existing events
- Make changes to existing events
- Cancel events
- View canceled events
- View registration requests for events
- See guests’ information after guests register for events
For items 2-7 on the above list, please see “Managing Events by Event Date” and beyond.
1. How to Read the Event Calendar
Different icons appear on the event calendar. These icons help you to use the calendar as a useful tool to manage your events.
Examples of calendar displays:
What the Icons Mean
If you click on the "?" icon located at the bottom of the calendar, you will see the list of icons and their meanings:
- Icon #1: You have a confirmed event on this date.
- Icon #2: You have added an event on this date, but the event is not confirmed yet.
- Icon #3: You have a registration request.
Icon #1: You have a confirmed event on this date.
When you have a confirmed event, Icon #1 will appear on the event date. Please see the part marked as "Date A" in the above image as an example.
When guests make reservations on confirmed events, the number of participants will appear next to the person icon underneath Icon#1. By clicking on a date on the calendar, you can see more details such as event information and reservation status.
Icon #2: You have added an event on this date, but the event is not confirmed yet.
Icon #2 means that you have added an event on the date, but the event has not been confirmed yet. Please see a part marked as "Date B" in the above image as an example.
When guests make reservations on an unconfirmed event, the number of participants will appear next to the person icon underneath Icon #2.
Icon #3: You have a registration request.
Icon #3 means that you have received an event registration request from a guest. Please see the part marked as "Registration Request" in the above image as an example.
Click on the date, and it will take you to the registration request page, where you can view the details of the request and choose to accept or not accept the guest(s). You can also view the registration request page from the Host Menu.
To View Canceled Events
Canceled events do not appear on the calendar with the default setting. In order to view canceled events, check the option "Include canceled events" at the bottom of the calendar. Please see the part marked as "Date C" in the above image as an example.
For canceled events, the number "0" will appear next to the person icon. Icons #1-3 will not appear for canceled events.
Dates in the past are shaded in gray.
2. Managing Events by Event Date
Using the event calendar, you can view event dates by experience. Also, you can manage events by date as well.
- Cancel an event
- Check the last day for guests to cancel an event
- Make changes by date (Please see 2-1 below for details)
- View registration status and guest information for an event (Please see 2-2 below for details)
- View sales amount from the date
- View a guest list for an event in PDF
- Send a group message to all guests of an event
To View the Guest List:
- Click on the date of a confirmed event.
- Click "Download the Guest List (PDF)" in the right-bottom corner of the Registration Information page. The list can be printed after downloading.
To Send a Group Message to All Guests:
- Click on the date of a confirmed event.
- Click "Group Message to Guests" in the bottom-right corner of the Registration Information page.
- After being relocated to the new page, send a message to all guests of the event using a group messaging tool.
2-1 Making Changes by Date
By clicking on a date on the calendar, you can manage details of a specific event on that day. With this feature, you can:
- Change the maximum number of guests
- Change the minimum number of guests
- Close the registration
- Change the last day for guests to register
- Change the last day for guests to cancel registration*
- Change the event date/time*
- Change the price*
- Change a policy for an adverse weather condition
*The last day to cancel a registration cannot move to an earlier date than the current date.
*The event date/time can be changed as long as it is before the last day to cancel the registration.
*The price cannot be changed after the first guest registers for the event.
You may also read this for more information.
2-2 How to View Registration and Guest Information
When you have an event with registered guests, Icon #2 will appear on the date of the event in the calendar, and the number of participants will appear next to the person icon underneath Icon #2.
By clicking any event date on the calendar, you can:
- See information on participating guests
- Check which registration requests are not accepted by you yet*
- View registrations that are canceled by guests
- Cancel registrations of select guests
- Change participating dates for guests (e.g. in case of adverse weather, etc.)
3. Viewing Past Events on the Calendar
On the calendar, dates in the past and the events that already took place are shaded in grey. By clicking the event date, you can view details on past events such as the event and guest information or sales from the event.
As a host, you can write reviews about the guests which attended your experience.
Step to Write a Review on a Guest:
- Click on the date for which you want to write a review
- Click on "Registration Information"
- Click on "Write a Review" located on the right side of a guest's nickname
- Write your comment and submit
4. Viewing Canceled Events* on the Calendar
Canceled events do not appear on the calendar with the default setting. In order to view canceled events, check the option "Include canceled events" at the bottom of the calendar.
Example of calendar display:
By selecting the event date of the canceled event, you can see the details. As you can see in the image below, at the top part next to "Event Date Information" and the date/time of the event, it is marked as "Canceled Event."
* In this article, "Canceled events" means either an event canceled by a host or by not meeting the minimum number of participants and does not include events canceled by guests.
- "For Hosts: How to Register Event Dates"
- "For Hosts: What You Can Do with the Event Management Feature"