If a guest is injured or becomes ill while attending an experience, stay calm and follow the procedures below.
Stop the Event
- If an emergency situation arises, explain the situation to other guests and stop the event. The treatment of an injured or ill person is the first priority.
- If necessary, move to a safe place for first aid.
Basic First Aid
- You may need to perform basic first aid such as stopping bleeding or cooling the burned skin, etc.
- If you are short on staff, you may need to ask other guests to help.
Treatment by a Doctor
- If symptoms are serious, call an ambulance immediately.
- Make sure you know the nearest hospital to your event location so that you can quickly call an ambulance or refer the facility to an injured one in case of emergency.
- Please inform the guests who became injured or ill during an event on the Accident Report page(JP) for they may be covered by Aini's protection program(JP).
- Please remind your guests that they will need to keep receipts for hospital visits, treatments, etc. to be covered by the protection plan.
Please see the list of cases that will be covered by Aini's protection plan:
- Check again to see if there were any problems with the location, facility, or tools used for the event.
- Lack of safety reminders to guests can also lead to injuries and accidents. Reflect on your communications with your guests during the experience, and make necessary improvements.
- If necessary, modify details on the listing such as the age range, items to bring, and precautions.