In February 2022, we started allowing hosts to have online experiences as a measure to prevent COVID-19.
Related Article: "For Host: Preventive Measures for COVID-19"
What Is an Online Experience?
In-person experiences are events in which hosts and guests get together at the same physical location, and online experiences are live events in which hosts and guests see each other online using video meeting tools.
Experiences Must Be Live
All online experiences have to be live and can't be pre-recorded.
Aini's Rules on Online Experiences
To learn our rules on online experiences, please read "For Host: Rules for Hosting Experiences Online".
Pros and Cons of Online Experiences
- Guests can sign up for your events, regardless of the physical distance, and it becomes easier for guests who live afar or even abroad to access the experience (e.g., a guest who lives in Osaka can learn how to fish from a host who lives in Hokkaido without the expense of travel).
- Guests can participate in the experience from anywhere (e.g., attending in-person experiences for adults may be difficult if they have young children, but online experiences allow them to attend at the ease of being home).
- Since guests don't have to come to a physical location to meet up, the starting time can be more flexible. Also, it works better for guests with tight schedules since they can shave off the time for traveling (e.g., starting the experience late at night or early morning is more feasible).
- Some guests may find it difficult to use video meeting tools.
- Some experience content is not suitable for online events.
- You may have to send materials to guests prior to the event date.
- "For Hosts: Rules for Hosting Experiences Online"
- "For Hosts: Hosting and Creating Listings for Online Experiences"