When a guest cancels the booking past the cancellation deadline, the guest will be charged a cancellation fee. However, even past the cancellation deadline, if the host handles the cancellation himself/herself, the guest can get a full refund. The cancellation process can be done up to the event's start time.
Please ensure that you are canceling the right booking, since canceling a booking for the wrong guest can cause confusion and serious inconvenience.
When You Want to Cancel a Specific Booking
- Open your browser and log in to helloaini.com
- Click on the icon for your account information (located in the upper right corner)
- If you are accessing from your PC, select "Dashboard". If you are accessing from an app, you can skip this step.
- Select "Host Menu"
- Go to "Event Calendar" then click on the date
- Select "Booking Information" then click the "▼" mark on the right side of the guest's nickname
- Select "Cancel a Booking" from the pull-down menu
- Enter the reason for cancellation in the message box, then click "Send"
When you are done, the guest will receive a notification email, which will complete the cancellation.
The cancellation done by a host will automatically cancel the credit card transaction as well, so you don't have to worry about contacting us to adjust the payment status. However, since it may take a few days for the credit card company to process the cancellation, you may receive an inquiry from the guest about the money not being refunded upon cancellation. In that case, please see the article below to learn what to do.
Related Article: "How a Refund Will Be Handles for a Credit Card Payment"
Canceling a Booking by a Host May Be Used When...
A host can cancel a booking individually instead of canceling a whole event. There are some examples of when this cancellation option may be used:
The day before the event, I received a message from a guest who made a booking that his/her child became sick. The rest of the family still wants to come to the event. The cancellation deadline has already passed, but I want to allow the family to cancel the booking just for the sick child.
A guest accidentally double-booked an event. I want to cancel one of the bookings to fix the problem so that the guest can get a refund even after the cancellation deadline.
I received a booking from a guest I do not want to accept. I want to cancel the booking for that particular guest I have a problem with, but carry out the event for the other guests as it's planned.